Saturday, January 20, 2007

Joyful Noise: Poems for Two Voices


Joyful Noise: Poems for Two Voices was written by Paul Fleischman and was a Newberry Award Medal book in 1989. This is a book of poetry and consists of fourteen poems about insects. The author intended the poems read aloud by two readers. One of the readers reads the left side aloud, the other reader reads the right side aloud, and they read each line simultaniously.

Although I am not a fan of poetry, this book intregred me. Two readers, same topic. I actually pictured this as I read through the poems in the book. I hope it is not the novelty about how the poems should be read is the reason I am interested in them. I plan to have my Ambassador Club students perform one or two of these poems either at a parent meeting and/or Open House. Either the novelty will wear out or I will, as well as the audiences, see the power in poetry (especially when read by two readers).

AR SCORE:

No comments: