Sunday, December 31, 2017

Books I Hope to Read in January/February of 2018

I typically have two to four books in the hopper (in the process of reading). These four books always fall in one of the following five categories: children's literature, personal (self-help type books), religious, professional development, and other. Although this journey can be a bit cumbersome, I enjoy reading and the adventure that follows.  It is my hope that I can keep this going like I did year's back.  My life has begun to settle and my doctorate program has concluded.  Now I can read for fun, enjoyment, and self-fulfillment.  The reason I want to blog the books I read is so that I hold myself accountable as well as create a log of the books that I have read.  Then I can go back to the log entries and job my memory about the book I once read.

January/February books are:

Six Kids and a Stuffed Cat by Gary Paulsen
Family Ties by Gary Paulsen
Field Trip by Gary Paulsen
Wonder by R. J. Palacio
More Than a Bucket List by Toni Birdsong
What if God Wrote Your Bucket List? by Jay Payleitner
*  Magic Tree House - Christmas in Camelot by Mary Pope Osborne
*  Magic Tree House - China:  Land of the Emperor's Great Wall by Mary Pope Osborne

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
The End by Mark Hitchcock

All of these books were either recommended by a friend, picked because I have a goal of reading the whole series, goal of reading every book by a specific author, selected due to an Amazon search, mentioned in a book I am currently reading, or a specific genre I am currently interested in.

No comments: