Sunday, December 31, 2017

Books I Hope to Read in January/February of 2018

I typically have two to four books in the hopper (in the process of reading). These four books always fall in one of the following five categories: children's literature, personal (self-help type books), religious, professional development, and other. Although this journey can be a bit cumbersome, I enjoy reading and the adventure that follows.  It is my hope that I can keep this going like I did year's back.  My life has begun to settle and my doctorate program has concluded.  Now I can read for fun, enjoyment, and self-fulfillment.  The reason I want to blog the books I read is so that I hold myself accountable as well as create a log of the books that I have read.  Then I can go back to the log entries and job my memory about the book I once read.

January/February books are:

*  Six Kids and a Stuffed Cat by Gary Paulsen
*  Family Ties by Gary Paulsen
*  Field Trip by Gary Paulsen
*  Wonder by R. J. Palacio
*  More Than a Bucket List by Toni Birdsong
*  What if God Wrote Your Bucket List? by Jay Payleitner
*  Magic Tree House - Christmas in Camelot by Mary Pope Osborne
*  Magic Tree House - China:  Land of the Emperor's Great Wall by Mary Pope Osborne

*  The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
*  The End by Mark Hitchcock

All of these books were either recommended by a friend, picked because I have a goal of reading the whole series, goal of reading every book by a specific author, selected due to an Amazon search, mentioned in a book I am currently reading, or a specific genre I am currently interested in.

No comments: